35 Sobering Alcoholism Statistics and Facts for 2023
Some cultures use high amounts of alcohol, and as a result, people end up
drinking more alcohol than people in other cultures. States situated west of the
Mississippi River are likely to have higher rates of alcohol consumption than
other American states. Nevada is among the states with the highest Man serving sentence for attacking parents fails to return to halfway house and considered escapee rate of alcohol consumption in the US. It is ranked fourth on the list of states with the highest alcohol consumption. In 2016, the per capita alcohol consumption for the people of Nevada is 3.46 gallons. The state has very lax laws on the production, sale, and consumption of alcohol.
- In many Asian countries spirits account for most of total alcohol consumption.
- Alabama has the third-highest rate of under-21 deaths related to excessive alcohol use.
- 696,000 students in the college who age between 18 & 24 years get involved in alcohol-related assaults yearly.
- We send updates on how you can help end drunk driving, prevent underage drinking, and make responsible choices about alcohol.
- 70.1% of those surveyed also stated that they’d had a drink within the last year, according to the NSDUH.
- In this section, we’ll be looking at general stats and facts related to alcoholism.
The death rate from excessive alcohol use in Hawaii is below average, but alcohol-related death is more prevalent among males than anywhere else in the United States (excluding territories). Just like some states drink more than others, some countries exhibit higher rates of alcohol consumption than others. Belarus, Moldova, Lithuania, and Russia are all among the world’s biggest alcohol consumers.
The Healthcare Professional’s Core Resource on Alcohol from NIAAA
For most countries this rate ranges from 1 to 5 deaths per 100,000 individuals. Additionally, 70% of these underage drinkers said they were drinking with more than one other person the last time they drank. There can be dangerous results for the baby if the mother drinks while pregnant and https://g-markets.net/sober-living/guilt-and-grief-making-a-living-amends/ continues to do so—either unknowingly or intentionally. Additional drug and alcohol statistics show that 18% of females in this age group binge drink (usually five drinks at once on average). Worse, excessive drinking can have other negative effects on a woman’s reproductive health.
The chart shows alcohol consumption since 1890 in a number of countries. Discover the impact alcohol has on children living with a parent or caregiver with alcohol use disorder. Binge-drinking is a significant problem in Wisconsin, and alcohol-related deaths are more likely to involve older, long-term users. Maine has one of the nation’s lowest rates of under-21 alcohol-related deaths.